Tuesday, December 1, 2009

And there goes November!

Wow, that month went fast.  I have had these photos uploaded for a week and haven't had the brainpower to sit down and write anything.  Sophie and Ollie are at the park with cousin Kendra at the moment, and Sadie is napping, so I'm sitting in silence (SILENCE!!).  How rare.  How lucky I am to have my team of cousins, grandparents, and friends to help me out so I can have these brief periods of quiet and (almost) solitude to collect my thoughts.

Here's the numbers as of today:
The tiny bird weighs in at 5lbs 9oz
She is 99 days old
She is 44.5 cm long and her head circumference is 35.2cm
Her adjusted age is 3 weeks and 1 day.

And now the important stuff!


She has had her first tea party.



She had her first bath with the big kids (it was VERY quick!)

She has been blessed by the sticker fairy.



 And she learned to walk.  How advanced!

She is still the cuddliest little baby and loves to be carried all day long.  She is not gaining weight as quickly as the nurse who visits us would like, and seems to be having some issues with reflux, so we are going to get her to the doctor tomorrow.  It's likely that an antacid will help her tummy feel better so she will eat more and maybe sleep a little better.  It seems to be a pretty common problem with preemies according to some NICU nurses I know, so with any luck a little medication will sort out her digestion a bit. Here's hoping.  She is still inching her weight upwards, so we'll keep a close eye on her and hopefully things will pick up soon.
I think I have four loads of laundry to fold, a pail of stinky diapers to wash, a quick little craft to finish for our advent calendar (not a moment too soon),  and a tiny little person is starting to grunt for her lunch so my sit-down moment is over.  Hope all of your Decembers are starting out splendidly with lots of secret elf plans, cups of hot chocolate and cuddles by warm fires.  More pictures of our halls being decked to come soon!  We are just starting to get in the spirit around here, and it's shaping up to be our finest Christmas yet, with the best little present of all under our roof.



No comments:

Post a Comment