Well, the big night is tomorrow ready or not. I am mostly ready, though I might have one sneaky little last minute thing I want to do before the shops close tomorrow, but it will depend on how things go around here in the morning. There are presents to wrap, a REAL gingerbread house to decorate (made by Greg with plans from Bob Vila), a turkey to cook (I know, chinese food would be simpler, but I do love turkey leftovers and soup), and about five activities we still need to do from our advent calendar. All this interspersed with feeding baby every 2 hours because she is spitting up a lot, so we are trying smaller, more frequent meals. Good times! We have Grampa Berries here for backup this week so with any luck everything will get done. Last year I did a lot of hand made presents. This year there are none which makes me so sad, but the closest I get to making anything is to look at Ravelry (my knitting porn-site as Greg calls it) and add things to the list of items I want to make eventually. Sometimes I gaze at my stash of wool languishing in drawers, and I wish for Martha's ability to function on no sleep. Alas we will all still be spoiled I'm sure, and maybe by next year I'll have figured out how to squeeze in a little crafty time.
This was a fun little pre-holiday photo shoot we did!
We love our new neighbourhood and went to the children's Christmas party down the block to see santa and have some holiday goodies. Sophie chatted his ear off about her wish list and made sure to include a little something for Sadie in her requests. Ollie was creeped out and wouldn't say anything!
We are finally mostly moved in to our new house with all of our furniture. I really, really missed our furniture while we were selling our other house, but it's sold and we are now rich with couches. Bye bye lawn chairs in the living room. Hello chaise lounge!
I'm sure there's more I should be adding..... but I can't think straight so I am going to bed.
Merry Christmas to all.......
and to all a good night!!
P.S. Sadie is 6lb.5oz if you are wondering. She is 3oz off Ollie's birthweight now! She also has the most radiant smile which is keeping me from eating her.
No comments:
Post a Comment