Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Kangaroo care begins!

Tonight I had my first skin to skin cuddle with Sadie.  It was AWESOME.  She really seemed to enjoy it too, I watched her heart rate and her breathing even out as we snuggled. Mine too! She really does feel more like a little bird than a baby with her delicate little body.  The skin to skin contact is apparently very good for growth in these little babes, so I can imagine that I will be spending a great deal more time like this.  Greg is patiently waiting for his turn to cuddle.  I don't think she will mind his furry chest one bit!
While we were putting her back to bed, she had a few minutes with no tubes, or air blowing in her nose.  Aside from the tape on her top lip that holds her feeding tube in place, you can get a pretty good sense of what she looks like.  Her eyes are a bit puffy from the cpap mask that she usually has on, otherwise she is a perfect little skinny-mini version of me when I was born.

We are also very pleased to report that the latest tests came back and everything checked out ok!  We were worried about a genetic test they were running, but she passed this one too!  Way to go Sadie!

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Sadie! You are doing a great job little niece...xoxo Auntie Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christy & Greg -- So exciting that you finally get to snuggle with Sadie; she must love the contact. So little... and lovely. Thinking of all of you & looking forward to eventually meeting the wee Sadie.

    - Anya

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely to finally see her tiny little head, without the toque and tubes! She is absolutely perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! I LOVE the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is beautiful. the streeter family and our whole circle of neighbors are praying and sending their best wishes and LOVE to your family. she is a fighter just like u and greg. SWEET KISSES TO SOPHIE, OLIVER AND SPECIALLY SADIE. SUCH A LOVELY NAME. I BELIEVE IT STANDS FOR BEING A PRINCESS.
    TAKE CARE. MUCH LOVE.

    ReplyDelete