We are in the midst of the great painting adventure here at the less pink palace, and if we can choose a colour and like it the first time we might be done by Christmas. Today I will begin stripping the wallpaper in the master bedroom. I feel badly for the people 30 years down the road who will be stripping the ultra-modern wallpaper that is popular right now. I can't bring myself to put any up on my walls for that very reason, having stripped so much lovely vintage wallpaper.
It's snowing and the roads are terrible, so Sadie's nurse said to come in for her afternoon feeding since she will probably be sleeping through her 11:00 feed. So we'll strip wallpaper and take a break for snowmen perhaps. This crazy weather is thankfully going to change for the weekend (21 degrees on Saturday?) so we'll try to enjoy this taste of winter cheerfully.
Her doctor told me yesterday that the feedings are the only thing keeping her in hospital at this point, so she figured maybe she'd be home by the weekend. It would be nice to bring her home on a balmy day and not have to worry about her getting chilly on the way. In the meantime, we will keep visiting her in her cozy cot at the hospital. I was telling my dad that it's a bit like being a grandparent right now. I get to pop in for a visit, do a few of the glory jobs (feeding bottles, dressing, cuddling) and then leave her in capable hands and go home. I guess it's all the lactating that sets me apart! We're all healthy again, so even the boys were in to see her yesterday. Ollie had his first chance to touch Sadie's head and said to me later "I not hit the baby". I am currently honing the eyes in the back of my head.
Sadie is 1600 grams, or three and a half pound. She's still gaining well and taking about half of her feeds by bottle. She has been off her nasal prongs since about 4am and is so far doing very well. I can't wait to get in there and see her face without the tubes. She may need to go back to having a little whiff of air again if she gets tired, but she doesn't seem to need any extra oxygen.
Back to work on the house for me. With any luck we'll be in a little bit less chaos by the weekend if the tiny bird is ready to come home.
No comments:
Post a Comment