Yesterday I went in to find a totally tubeless Sadie. She has been taking bottles like a champion. She may tire and need her tube back in for a couple of feeds, but so far so good.
Greg and I have not spent any time with her together lately because of his cold and all of our home jobs that have been keeping us busy. We decided to take my mom up on her offer of a sleepover for the kids and head in to the hospital to give the wee birdie a bath.
Sophie and Ollie were quick to pack up their respective suitcases and head out. Ollie's little case is full of balls; golf balls, bouncy balls, baseball, strange little red ball. These are his precious things that he sleeps with at the moment. And yes, those are pretty hair clips that he has. It was his request. Sophie's suitcase contains 2 dollies and their clothing and essential items. Look, the wall behind them is not pink!
At the hospital, the weigh-in was a good one. 1685g, up 50g since yesterday. What a pork-chop. The extra calories they are giving her are working.
Sadie was mostly OK with the bath though she would prefer to soak in peace rather than be washed. Maybe it's the scratchy washcloths at the hospital. Anyway, she was clean and smelling like a rose in no time.
She nursed, then was topped up with a bottle before getting cuddled to sleep by Greg. We had her unplugged from the monitors for a couple of hours. It was a bit nerve-wracking, but there won't be any monitors at home, so we need to learn to watch her, and pay attention to her colour and movements rather than her numbers. It's looking more and more likely that she will be our full-time baby very soon. I haven't had an official request to bring the carseat in to test her it it, but that will be the next step. I have washed all of the Ollie gunge off of it and it is ready for a new passenger.
Today we are scurrying around trying to get a couple of rooms organized so that we can have a place to sit when she's home. I have made cookies, vacuumed, shaved my legs, caught up on the washing. I'm now trying to think of what else needs doing because my mental acuity and stamina might not be this good for some time after Sadie has arrived home. I think I'm having some kind of nesting impulse like you get in the last weeks of pregnancy. The timing seems about right. I'm off to the hospital to see how she is faring today.

No comments:
Post a Comment