Thursday, October 1, 2009

Twice as much Sadie

Sadie is 1305g tonight, which means that she is twice as heavy as her lowest weight of 650g.  I can't believe she has doubled in size. I think we need to eat some cake to celebrate. Greg is going to notice a real change when he shakes his cold and gets in there to see her again.  
Sadie seems to have a nice period of alertness around 8:00 in the evening so I'm going to try my best to be there every night so she can nuzzle, nurse, or have a bottle at that time.  She took a little bit of her feed from a bottle 3 times in the last 24 hours.  That's a huge step forward for her and takes a lot of coordination on her part.  It's tricky to feed her, as I discovered tonight, because she doesn't know how to pace herself like big babies do.  Definitely a learning process for both of us.  She needs a little break after every 2-3 sucks right now so she can swallow, breathe and recover enough to open her mouth and start again.  She did very well, I wish I'd had my camera there to get a picture.  I left in in the living room where I was taking pics of Sophie and Ollie building a train out of cardboard boxes.  So many good uses for boxes.
Tomorrow is our last day of doglessness (I know, I made that word up).  The lovely and kind dogwalker Laural has been caring for Charlie so that we could have one less thing to do in our day.  I must admit we have missed the furball and are looking forward to having him join us here now that we are somewhat settled.

A picture of the fur-baby for a change!



Time to go eat cake and celebrate giant babies.  It just so happens that one of our new neighbours delivered cupcakes this evening.  How convenient.  

1 comment:

  1. Christy, so glad to hear Sadie is doing so well. That is wonderful news she has doubled her size. I can tell by your pictures she is growing and getting strong. Good job momma! You should for sure have a cupcake to celebrate.

    Michelle Lai

    ReplyDelete