Friday, October 9, 2009

Proud Big Sister



Sadie was a good baby today.  Nothing new or exciting,  just a little more weight gain and a bit more enthusiasm while nursing.  She was tired later in the day when Sophie and Nana joined me for a visit so she wasn't very interested in a bottle, but Sophie was excited to help out anyway.  She just lights up around Sadie and was hoping to stay and watch her for even longer.  I had to bribe her away with the promise of brownies baked by Kendra and her little sidekick Ollie.  He was more involved in sampling than helping I believe.  




She is looking pretty cute these days and hopefully will be able to go tubeless in the near future.


I had mentioned in the last post that this would be a good time to fill the freezer in preparation for Sadie's arrival home.  I'm pretty sure the sleepless nights I'm going to spend staring at her chest moving will pretty much sap my desire to cook.  Popcorn for dinner is fun... once in a while.  Coincidentally, Greg came home from school with a whole bunch of home cooking from the families of his students.  We are completely touched by this and so grateful.  We clearly have many, many things to be thankful for this holiday weekend.  Wishing all of you a wonderful weekend.

(Greg now writing)  I haven't been in to see Sadie very much in the last two weeks as I have been fighting a cold.  I have been following the visitation rules very carefully to keep Sadie and the other babies safe from my germs.  Hopefully I will kick it in the next few days so I can be more involved in her care at these final stages of her time in hospital.  I also want to take a second to send a big thank you to all the parents and students who have been so kind and generous to our family!  

1 comment:

  1. Big sister Sophie, looks so proud of her little sister.

    ReplyDelete