Friday, October 9, 2009

Our aromatic baby

Things are busy around here, so the computer has been gathering dust for a couple of days.  Greg has gone back to work for a couple of days before the Thanksgiving holiday and it has changed the timing and pace of things.  Luckily fabulous cousin Kendra has stepped in to be our part-time nanny/co-mommy with me so we will be able to make a smooth transition.  She is truly gifted with children, and her energy is enviable. Ollie is smitten and Sophie has stars in her eyes!
Sadie is still a perfect princess, though apparently she was a bit of a stinky princess.  The nurse gave her a bath (her first) in the middle of the night a couple of nights ago.  I was a bit disappointed to miss it, but I know from experience that clean baby smell is much more appealing.  Her hair is quite fuzzy and cute.  I have been rushing in and out for feedings like a hurricane, and haven't felt relaxed enough for  a photo shoot so this post is lacking in the visual department.  Maybe I should take pictures of the paint colours we are contemplating and take votes.
I continue to be most impressed with her care.  In the past few days she has seen an audiologist, ophthalmologist (I had to look that spelling up!),  a dietitian, and had a head ultrasound.  All the results have been within the norms, however I can see that our calendar is going to be full of appointments at the Children's hospital as there are many things that need to be re-checked regularly as she develops.  Sadie is getting stronger by the day (not stronger smelling anymore) and is over 1500g now.  I have done all of the baby laundry and we are ready for her here.... mostly.  Perhaps we will try to fill the freezer up a bit in the next couple of weeks while we are waiting for her arrival,  Kendra is pretty handy in the kitchen!
I will take a picture of the downy little duckling today in her jammies for the next installment.
It's -10 here and Sophie is going to the corn maze today with school, time to go get bundled up!  Brrr.

1 comment:

  1. I just checked to see what has been happening for your family after my one week vacation. So exciting to see how much progress Sadie has made. Thank you so much for this blog. I love the pictures and your wonderful, fun way of spreading the news!!

    ReplyDelete